Methods in Chemistry Education Research 2018 (#MICER18)
Monday 14th May 2018, Burlington House, London
MICER will run again in 2018, and I am delighted to be joined by Dr Nimesh Mistry, who is co-organising the meeting. Nimesh and I have been working hard over the last few months to put together an interesting programme. We’re keeping the bits that worked from last year – the online poster session will stay as it was a useful platform for people to share their ideas – as well as building on feedback. Feedback has resulted in the most significant addition to the programme this year: to hear from some case studies of research underway so as to get a look under the bonnet of some interesting research work going on at the moment.
We are grateful to the journal Chemistry Education Research and Practice (free to access) for their support of MICER again this year, as well as the RSC Interest Groups Tertiary Education Group and Chemical Education Research Group.
The speakers we have assembled are listed below:
- Barry Ryan, Dublin Institute of Technology (@CBS_lecturer)
- James Pickering, University of Leeds (@AccessAnatomy)
- Katharine Hubbard, University of Hull (@KEHplantsci)
- Katherine Haxton, Keele University (@kjhaxton)
- Kyle Galloway, University of Nottingham (@KyleWGalloway)
- Naomi Hennah, Northampton School for Boys (@MrsHennah)
- Pauline Kneale, University of Plymouth (@pekneale)
- Simon Rees, Durham University
As always, we will be asking speakers to present some information in advance, and that process will begin from January and run up to the meeting itself. This aspect of the meeting always receives excellent feedback.
Registration will open in December, and costs are below.
- Attendee (RSC Member): £35.00
- Attendee (Non-Member): £45.00
- Attendee (School Teacher/Postgraduate Student/Unwaged): £10.00
We look forward to seeing you at MICER! Details of the 2017 meeting are compiled here.
Michael Seery & Nimesh Mistry